The Theodore community is one you can really get involved in.There is an abundance of active community organisations, sporting clubs and interest groups that are always happy to hear from keen and interested people.
Most groups meet regularly; conduct their own fundraising and host events that add to the vibrant social fabric of our town.
Theodore Chamber of Commerce is the peak organisation in town that looks after the future development of our town, taking in the interests of the business community and the community at large.
The Chamber runs many events and projects in town from the street markets and the new Month on the Dawson in conjunction with neighbouring communities of Moura, Taroom and Baralaba. They are always interested to hear from residents new and old. Their meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month at 6:30pm at Hotel Theodore. Come along and hear what is happening around town. We would love to see you there!
Of course our offerings run deeper than that if you are wanting to get involved. There is also:
- Theodore Show Society
- Theodore Sport and Rec Assn
- Theodore Touch Football Assn
- Theodore netball assn
- Dawson Valley Drovers Rugby Union Club
- Theodore Golf Club
- Junior Roosters Rugby League
- Theodore Tennis Club
- Far Horizons Bush Walking Group
- Theodore Bowls Club
- Theodore Pony Club
- Theodore District Health Council & Youth Centre
- Theodore Hospital Auxiliary
- Theodore Council on the Aging
- Theodore Horticultural Society
- Theodore Tourism and Information Centre
- Patches and Stitches Craft Group
- Theodore Early Childhood Assn
- Theodore Playgroup
- Theodore State School P&C Assn
- Theodore Branch of the RSL
- Theodore Agforce branch
- Catholic Women's League
- Anglican Ladies Guild
- Lutheran Ladies Guild
- Theodore CWA
- St Vincent De Paul volunteers
We also have the Community Advisory Network (CAN) which meets every two months with community members and representatives of a core group of associations to give a wrap up of what is happening in the community. The Theodore District Health Council (TDHC) facilitates these. You can contact them for the next date on 49931025.